After an evening out of drinking beer, I often get pain in my foot along the outer side and acoss the top. Not in toe like gout. Indicin resolves it.?

Dr. Jerry Casale
In brief: Read on
Beer is one of the worst things for gout flare ups.
As. A person with gout for over 30 years I have only had it in my big toe twice. Frequently I have it exactly where u describe it foot as well as ankle knees elbows fingers wrists etc. See ur dr have ur uric acid level checked.

In brief: Read on
Dr. Jerry Casale
Dr. Jerry Casale
Dr. Arthur Mandelin
Gout can occur anywhere in the body, it is simply most common in the toes.
In brief: Pain in foot
In order for you to take prescribed medication, you might want to get a diagnosis.
Pain on the lateral and dorsal aspect of foot might need further work up by a physician.

In brief: Pain in foot
Dr. Noahleen Betts
Dr. Noahleen Betts
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Drinking & foot prob
While gout is one of the complications of alcohol, your're right that your symptoms don't match.
I guess the only other logical possibility is that you may have stepped on your foot wrong while drinking and sprained it in some way. Excess alcohol often leads to wobbliness and unsteadiness. How much do you drink? Have you ever injured your foot before? (which would make you more susceptible).

In brief: Drinking & foot prob
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Arnon Rubin