6yr old w/ major headche & backache. Low fever at night. Doc ruled out strep and infection. Worse today, not sure what to do. Advil (ibuprofen) doesn't help.

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Headache and

Backache of a severe nature with a fever are unusual in today's world in immunized children.
We used to see a lot more of it before some of the newer shots. The first thing I would be concerned about would be meningitis as I am one of the older docs who saw a lot of this in my early years. Please take your son to a pediatric ER if available right away so he can be evaluated. Best wishes.

In brief: Headache and

Dr. Cindy Juster