I have Primary Immune Deficiency, MS, POTS, RA, Raynauds, etc... no response to pneumovax or prevnar (pneumococcal vaccine). ANAs always neg. Sero-negative. Please help!

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Workup and Mgt

There are many PIDs and some are associated with autoimmune disease.
Since there is so much variation, the diagnosis can be difficult. If you are prone to infections, the pattern of the infections, type and location will help your physician determine the diagnosis and treatment. If you have lung involvement, an HRCT is helpful. Most PIDs involve B cells and I would advise B cell studies.

In brief: Workup and Mgt

Dr. Satish Sundar

In brief: Sorry to hear that..

Please consult your immunologist.
Seroconversion to vaccines is hard with various forms of immunodeficiency. I wish I could give you a quick answer. BUt non live vaccines would be safe for yo. Both those can be given to you, but one cannot as evident guarantee protective titres.

In brief: Sorry to hear that..

Please consult your immunologist.
Dr. Felix Brizuela
sounds like you need to be on intravenous immune globulin. I would either consult with immunologist and/or see rheumatologist about this. Sometimes people with immune deficiency can sometimes also have and immune mediated disorder. Going on IVIG may resolve many of your issues.
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Consult immunologist

It appears that you need immunoglobulin G replacement.
Otherwise your case is quite complex and would need the help of an immunologist and a rheumatologist preferably in an university center.

In brief: Consult immunologist

Dr. Eric Weisman