What are the side effects of smz/tmp ds generic for bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) ds and asmanex twisthaler. Thank you?

Usually none, but... Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) (smz/tmp) is a sulfa antibiotic that can sometimes cause allergic drug reactions on the skin, such as red rashes, hives, or occasionally worse. Stomach upset, with or without diarrhea, can happen with any antibiotic. Asmanex is an inhaled powder, so can cause a cough in a few people very sensitive to the powder. Asmanex is a steroid, so may cause oral thrush if one doesn't rinse and spit.