When I lay my baby on her back she sometimes chokes on her spit could it be acid reflux?

In deference to another answer, positioning a young baby on their back for sleep has reduced the crib death rate in this country by 40%+ in the last 2 decades.
Prone time is fine as long as baby is awake. Discuss positioning on an incline & other methods with your dr. Please do not put your baby on her belly to sleep for the first 6m.

Dr. Timothy Bell

In brief: Possibly

Let's not lay the baby on their back.
Depending on their age babies cannot control much of anything. Pressure from a full belly is enough to "regurgitate" liquid into mouth. Clear liquid can be saliva and not acid. Choking and breathing fluid into the lungs is a risk from lying on back no matter what the source.

In brief: Possibly

Let's not lay the baby on their back.
Dr. Timothy Bell
Dr. Timothy Bell