I sprained my ankle SAT. It swelled up on top of foot & in front of ankle bone. I RICEd it and no more swell.. when i walk it makes/feel big pop?

In brief: Popping with sprain

One of the hardest things to do after an ankle sprain is to eliminate the swelling.
Deep swelling can linger for an average 4 months post sprain, and this can cause a popping sensation. I like RICE, especially twice daily 15 minute ice packs and once daily contrast bathing. If the popping does cause pain, then definitely see a specialist.

In brief: Popping with sprain

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Needs to be

Seen by foot and able doc and until then I would not advise you walking on it.

In brief: Needs to be

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine