I just switched my 3 month old from breast milk to formula. It's been 2 days and he hasn't had a bowel movement. When should I be concerned?

Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: When it hurts

Bowel movement frequency varies tremendously.
If the baby is in no pain, and when the bm eventually comes it's soft and painless, then don't let it worry you. If, however, it's painful, hard, or there is a change in how much the baby feeds, see your pediatrician.

In brief: When it hurts

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Changing to formula also means the baby is getting iron in the formula unless u are using low iron formula which is not encouraged. The iron is constipating fro some babies. But if hte BMs are soft when they do come, don't worry. Otherwise talk to your Pediatrician
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham