I have been unable to open my mouth past 25% for over a week. Left side of jaw is locked is there any way to get it unlocked? Starting to freak out

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Freak OUT!

This is definitely a cause for concern.
This could be a simple as severe tmj.. If you are having pain in the jaw region.. Near the ear.. It could be that. However, as a specialist, my first concern would be to make sure there is not a mass that is irritating the muscles that open the jaw or are just preventing the jaw from opening. You need to be seen by a local ENT asap!

In brief: Freak OUT!

This is definitely a cause for concern.
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dentistry

In brief: This could be seriou

You probably have very tight, spasmodic muscles.
See a dentist for help and exercises to relax your chewing muscles.

In brief: This could be seriou

Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: 2 examinations

See ENT to rule out mass in or around jaw joint/ear.
See Dentist to evaluate for jaw joint disk displacement (TMJ Dysfunction), which is more probable. May need Occlusal Orthotic (night guard) to try to recapture disk. If TMJ caused by malocclusion may need to see a Orthodontist. Please go for examinations to define cause of your problem and thus the correct treatment.

In brief: 2 examinations

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine