My husband and I just got treated for chlamydia, when should we be re-tested to see if it cleared up? And when can we have sex again?

David Miller
In brief: Not recommended
Re-testing for is not routinely recommended unless you are pregnant or suspect someone is not taking their medication as prescribed.
If needed, you can re-test 3-4 weeks (minimum of 1 week) after completing therapy. You should also eliminate any behaviors that may put you at risk for reinfection. 1 weeks abstinence during treatment is recommended to minimize reinfection risk.

In brief: Not recommended
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: 7 days after either
Zithromax (azothromycin) taken as a single dose, or after srarting 7 day, twice daily dose of doxycyline.
Thus abstain for 7 days, then you should both be ok.

In brief: 7 days after either
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Adam Levy