I am a male 50 years old. Are the recommendations catering that I get tested for hepatitis?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Question uncertain
If you're asking whether people in the catering business & other food handlers should be tested for hepatitis, yes, it is a good idea so that a preventable disease is not unknowingly spread to consumers.
Hepatitis a is the most likely concern since hepatitis b/c/etc involve body fluid exchange.

In brief: Question uncertain
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Camilla Graham
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
The cdc recommends that everyone born between 1945-1965 get a one-time hepatitis c antibody test.
This is because 1 out of 23 men in this birth cohort have hepatitis c infection. Most were infected in the 1960's - 1980's when up to 270, 000 people a year got infected. Tell your family and friends to get tested as well. If the antibody test is negative then you didn't get hcv back then.

Dr. Camilla Graham
Dr. Camilla Graham
Dr. Marsha Davis