I am 7/8 weeks pregnant and have a massive headache. I'm sure it's caffiene withdraw. What can I do besides ice and a 1 pop a day? Very migraine-y.

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Reglan+Tylenol!
10 mg of Metoclopramide (reglan) taken with 1, 000 mg of acetamoniphen (tylenol) at the onset of migraine-type headache aborts the painful episode in the majority of cases as well as tryptans at a small fraction of the cost and with no known pregnancy effects (i.
e. Safe throughout pregnancy). Do not take more than 2-3 times in a day and discuss with your obstetrician if that could work for you!

In brief: Reglan+Tylenol!
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Chevies Newman
You can also use some caffeine, it is safe in reasonable doses, studies have demonstrated this up to 600 mg per day, like 6 Starbucks coffees. Also Aleve and Ibuprofin can be added to the above regimen, they are cat B if before 32 weeks. Sleeping at night?
Dr. Lonna Larsh
In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen) and coffee
Small amounts of coffee are safe in pregnancy for most people. Perhaps your OB told you not to drink any, in which case you should do what they say. However, i suggest you have a cup and gradually wean yourself off. On the other hand, if you've already made it through today, maybe you should just go to bed. Tomorrow you'll be closer to off caffeine.

Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Michael Stern
Dentistry
In brief: Massage
Moist heat can help.
Also a neuromuscular massage therapist could help.

In brief: Massage
Moist heat can help.
Dr. Michael Stern
Dr. Michael Stern
Dr. Eric Weisman