How can I introduce cereal to my 4 month old? She wont take it in a bottle and fights a spoon. I don't know if its the taste or the texture.

Dr. Barry Bergman

In brief: Keep offering

Babies are used to getting milk form the bottle or breast so using spoons and foods with different taste and texture are not the usual for the baby.
Keep trying with the spoon , eventually they will figure it out. Be patient the solids are not the primary nutrition when we first start solids.

In brief: Keep offering

Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Maybe both

It may be the taste in which case you'll need to try something else.
You may try letting her play with the spoon for a little bit to get her used to having it in her mouth.

In brief: Maybe both

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Shontae Buffington