Is early diagnosis important? How is testicular cancer diagnosed?

Testicular mass. Testicular cancer is most commonly diagnosed due to painless mass in the testicle. Testicular tumors can grow quite rapidly (with a doubling time of approximately 36 hours), so it is imperative that you see your physician urgently if you do feel mass in one (or both) of your testicles. He/she will be able to order the appropriate tests and get you in to a urologist for treatment.
Testicular exam. Usually by the owner, noting change in size or shape. Early seems better always; however, in testis, even delay does not compromise chance at cure.