How is testicular cancer treated? What are the side-effects of treatment?

The offending testis. Is removed via an inguinal incision. Hcg/alpha feto protein measures, ct abd/pel to assess nodes. If disease confined to testis, observation ok, single carboplatinum diminishes risk/surveillance. If more advanced, cycles of chemotherapy are curative.
Multiple approaches. Mutliple combinations of treatments are used very successfully. Usually surgical removal of that testes is first. Subsequently, chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy may be used depending on the cancer stage. Side effects of surgery are minor. Side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy are as described on healthtap but long-term side effects are less.