I have congenital heart disease with a paralyzed diaphragm it is hard for me to breathe is there any exercise that could help me breathe better?

Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Unlikely

There are no exercises that I am aware of.
Diaphragm pacing is a medical option which involves having an electrode stimulate your diaphragm muscle, just like the nerve would have. Another option is to "plicate" the diaphragm which is a surgery to tighten the muscle. The muscle still will not function, but it allows more space in your chest for the lung to expand. Please discuss with your ACHD doc.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala

In brief: Diaphragm pacing YES

There is such a thing as diaphragm pacing that you could ask about and is great in situations such as you're describing.

In brief: Diaphragm pacing YES

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology