Occasional pain in right kidney area made worse by drinking. Seems to be concurrent with menstrual cycle. Otherwise health 22 yo f. Kidney failure?

David Miller

In brief: Endometriosis?

Abdominal and/or pelvic pain in a healthy female that is synchronous with her cycle is suspicious for endometriosis.
I would start with your OB doc to rule this out. They can also help you rule out kidney failure with urine and blood tests. Start with you OB and see what they can do for you.

In brief: Endometriosis?

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Jesse Mills
Urology

In brief: Obstruction

Flank pain after drinking is classic sign of a blockage between your kidney and ureter and should also be evaluated with a kidney ultrasound.

In brief: Obstruction

Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham