Should I get the shingles vaccine if I have lichen sclerosis which is an autoimmunity disease?

Dr. Mark Diamond
All the more reason to do so, since the chicken pox would may make the skin rash much more bothersome.

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. William Lizarraga
In brief: No reason not to
Lichen sclerosis is not a contraindication, or reason not to get, the shingles vaccine, unless you are on medicines that are really suppressing the immune system, like steroids.
It is recommended for all adults who are 50-70 and have been exposed to chicken pox.

In brief: No reason not to
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Shingles vaccine
I could find no mention of autoimmune diseases as a contraindication to giving shingles vaccine.
What was mentioned were conditions that suppress the immune system like cancer, chemotherapy, organ transplantation drugs, hiv/aids. Double check with your pcp before getting this immunization. Or perhaps an immunologist on this site can add more certain info.

In brief: Shingles vaccine
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham