Went to doc for lymphadenopathy. Checked me for ebvirus and mono.I never had mono but had high amt of EBV virus in me. When checked. Is this the caus?

In brief: Confusing question

If you have a high level of EB Virus in you, and not antibodies to EBV, you have EB disease and may or may not develop classical features of mono in the next weeks.
If you had high levels of EBV IGG, you may have had an asymptomatic case of EBV in the past.

In brief: Confusing question

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Possibly.

Mono is caused by ebv and/or CMV infection, but ebv is associated more often with lymphadenopathy.
Other signs like splenomegaly can occur. A high amount of ebv is suggestive and IgM abs to viral capsid ag are diagnostic. This can last for up to 17 days, and can have complications like splenic rupture, so strenuous activity should be avoided for 6-8 weeks. Treatment is usually supportive.

In brief: Possibly.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Jonathan Jassey