I have tried counselling to treat my severe depression. Are there any other treatments?

Meds + Psychotherapy. For severe depression, the treatment of choice is medication+psychotherapy. Counseling is used to denote a relatively brief treatment that is focused most upon behavior. Psychotherapy on the other hand is generally a longer term treatment which focuses more on gaining insight into chronic physical & emotional problems. Its focus is on the patient's thought & energy processes & way of being.
Several options . . Medication + therapy often works best. If therapy is not working, consider switching therapists. Seasonal affective disorder (sad) responds well to light therapy. Exercise helps by increasing serotonin. Ect can help severe depression. Associating w/ happy people can help. Nutritional supplements (e.g., sam-e, omega-3 fatty acids) and stress management help some patients. Check thyroid levels!
See below. Medication and group therapy are other options. Aerobic exercise for 60 minutes a day may help.
Number of medication. There are a number of newer generation medications which are safe and effective - discuss with your doctor.