Hi, with my current medical conditions i.e hypertension & on simvastatin, HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) & losartan medications, is it safe for me to try Garcinia Cambogia?

Dr. Michael Yap
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Not really because

Alternative medications have no safety profile and are not rigorously tested for safety by any agency.
It has nothing to do with your blood pressure meds. If your goal is weight loss (usual reason why people want to take garcinia), there is no better method than a proper diet and regular exercise. Try cutting your food portions in half and see how that goes for a month. I'm sure you'll see results

In brief: Not really because

Dr. Marsha Davis