Is it normal to bleed after missing a pill? Im currently on alesse and I took 2 pills wen I noticed. Nowim bleeding 5 days before my whte pills.

Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: Expected

Alesse is a 20 mcg dose pill and works best when taken every day at the same time.
Withdrawal bleeds are expected if you miss a day and taking the two pills the next day was a good idea. However, better safe than sorry, use condoms until you start a new pack to prevent pregnancy from breakthrough ovulation. Otherwise, continue your pills daily as before and your cycle should normalize soon.

In brief: Expected

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Jane Van Dis