Had prolapse surgery 5 yrs ago and now uterus has dropped again. Surgery is more complicated now.......how effective is a pessary and how bothersome?

Dr. Mary David

In brief: Effective

Pessaries are effective but do have to be removed for intercourse and for cleaning and tend to cause a discharge and odor if not cared for properly.
I have several patients who remove and reinsert them themselves and others who have to come in and have me do it. I would recommend you see a urogynecolgist who specializes in these things and discuss your options.

In brief: Effective

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham