I have a cyst in my left breast and i've already had an exam and ultrasound but the ultrasound tech didn't see anything what should I do next?

Dr. Tina Stein
Radiology

In brief: Cyst unlikely

A cyst that you are aware of is easily visible on ultrasound.
If there is a lump that does not show up on ultrasound it is presumed solid. If your physician and you are concerned that there is definitely a lump you should have a mammogram and, if that is negative, an MRI may be warranted to be sure that there is nothing to be concerned about.

In brief: Cyst unlikely

Dr. Tina Stein
Dr. Tina Stein
Dr. James Marquardt

In brief: Follow up

I would consider having your ultrasound repeated in 3 months in order to see if the "cyst" has grown enough to be seen.
Alternatively, you could ask for a referral to a breast surgeon for a second opinion on your exam.

In brief: Follow up

Dr. James Marquardt
Dr. James Marquardt
Dr. Jane Van Dis