Lump between jaw and ear. Above jaw, below ear. I have bad teeth on that side (left). Pain in jaw hinge and shooting into ear. Lump is pretty big.

In brief: Jaw pain

It sounds as if you have an infection, probably from the bad teeth on that side.
See your dentist for a diagnosis and treatment. The longer you wait, the worse the infection will get.

In brief: Jaw pain

Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dr. Dimitrios Avgerinos
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Jaw pain

you may have a parotid infection of floor of the mouth abscess.
You should visit an oral surgeon

In brief: Jaw pain

You should visit an oral surgeon
Dr. Dimitrios Avgerinos
Dr. Dimitrios Avgerinos

In brief: Infection??

Don't hesitate. I would see a dentist asap before this potential infection spreads.
Could be something else, but need to determinje source right away.

In brief: Infection??

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

A tooth abscess or gum abscess won't go away without treatment.
A dental abscess is a collection of pus that forms in your teeth or gums as a result of a bacterial infection. Take Tylenol (acetaminophen) or NSAIDs OTC for pain control. Dentist will treat a tooth abscess by draining it and getting rid of the infection. See your dentist ASAP.

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: 2 issues

Probability of infection.
MUST see Dentist IMMEDIATELY. I cannot stress how dangerous this is. Call Dentist NOW. Second issue may be Jaw Joint Dysfunction. Again, see Dentist. Jaw joint problem may be debilitating, but infection may be life threatening.

In brief: 2 issues

Probability of infection.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Infections

Simply put, it sounds like an infection and untreated infections can lead to serious complications including death.
You should see a dentist immediately! If that is impossible, and I don't understand why that would be the case, at least go to a 24/7 medical facility or the ER of a hospital.

In brief: Infections

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Vicken Poochikian