My sons pedi refused to give me a referral to see a ent! he has another ear infection and continuous green snotty runny nose! shoul I have switched dr?

In brief: See Dr. again & ask

A child who has ENT problems that are not getting better can see his doctor again, and then again the next week if still not better. Parents can ask a couple of times, to be referred to an ENT doctor, if the symptoms are worrisome or persistent.
Because a primary doctor's referral is not needed with ppo insurance and most pos insurance, this is one of the main reasons to avoid hmo insurance.

In brief: See Dr. again & ask

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Ask him why and if

You are not satisfied with the answer, then see someone else.

In brief: Ask him why and if

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
The problem may be incentive to *NOT* refer to specialist in HMO/Medicaid settings, where walking is not an option. Chronic ear infections are serious, lead to hearing impairment, poor school performance. Do not go gently into that "no referral" darkness.

In brief: Referrals

The kid with 5 otitis medias in a year or a continuous one for 60-90 days deserves a consult.
A referral means the doc believes it's necessary, it's not a birthright. Some ENT's won't see patients without referrals because of the need to limit them to those who really need it.(too many kids with earaches) If you don't like your doc, change, but don't expect referrals just because you want them.

In brief: Referrals

Dr. Steven Seres