My sons pedi refused to give me a referral to see a ent! he has another ear infection and continuous green snotty runny nose! shoul I have switched dr?

In brief: See Dr. again & ask
A child who has ENT problems that are not getting better can see his doctor again, and then again the next week if still not better. Parents can ask a couple of times, to be referred to an ENT doctor, if the symptoms are worrisome or persistent.
Because a primary doctor's referral is not needed with ppo insurance and most pos insurance, this is one of the main reasons to avoid hmo insurance.

In brief: See Dr. again & ask
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Ask him why and if
You are not satisfied with the answer, then see someone else.

In brief: Ask him why and if
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
The problem may be incentive to *NOT* refer to specialist in HMO/Medicaid settings, where walking is not an option. Chronic ear infections are serious, lead to hearing impairment, poor school performance. Do not go gently into that "no referral" darkness.
Dr. Cindy Juster