My BV wont go away and I keep trying metranizdole and its not working but doctors do say I have BV what do I do?

Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: BV
Bv has several treatment options, one of which is Metronidazole -- call your treating physician and ask for an alternate treatment.

In brief: BV
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Michael Swor
In brief: Evaluate further
It's a difficult problem that we often see.
We would do a thorough testing for other causes of infection. We treat recurrent BV with longer courses of oral or vaginal antibiotics or a cyclic treatment. In that case, we give 2-3 days of Metronidazole at the end of each cycle. We have had success with acidic suppositories, gels and douches to correct ph. We treat partners too.

In brief: Evaluate further
Dr. Michael Swor
Dr. Michael Swor
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham