Lost 2 pregnancies due to low hcg. Were lost at 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 weeks. What is the cause? Pcos w/ normal cycles & ovulation. Takes metformin, diagnosis in er

Recurrent miscarriag. The low HCG results are not the cause of the lost pregnancies, but rather an indicator that the pregnancies were nonviable. You have to look for the reason why a pregancy could not grow normally. One specific factor to look for with recurrent miscarriage is a diagnosis of lupus (with the lupus anticoagulant); other causes are congenital abnormalities of the uterus, fibroid tumors, and chromosomal.
Evaluate. Sorry about the loss. There are many reasons for pregnancy loss; all require testing to diagnose; an obg or fertility specialist can help you. Abnormal pregnancies have low hcg, low HCG doesn't cause normal pregancies to fail. Do you mean pcos was diagnosed at er? I'd get another opinion: with regular cycles you do not have pcos by usual criteria!