I had lasik 2 months ago and just looked at the solar eclipse. Now my eyes hurt, what should I do?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Solar eclipse
Did you look at it directly or via a safe method? If the former, see an ophthalmologist (eye specialist) asap; you may have burned your retina.

In brief: Solar eclipse
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Risk of retinal burn
Looking at a solar eclipse with the unadorned eye can cause a burn of the fovea - the area of maximum fine detail in the center of the retina.
If you just had LASIK, that increases the chance that it was focused light. By two months out, you should have no pain from the LASIK; and solar burns do not hurt after the burn. If your vision is altered, see your LASIK surgeon for advice.

In brief: Risk of retinal burn
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Sun gazing
Sun gazing is a really bad idea and can permanently damage your vision.
Try using frequent artificial tears and see what happens since there is no treatment if you have caused any solar retinopathy.

In brief: Sun gazing
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Ophthalmology
In brief: See your Eye MD
Symptoms of pain probably unrelated to eclipse.
Most lasik patients have dry eye after the procedure and this can cause discomfort. So use more lubricating drops but definitely notify your lasik surgeon.

In brief: See your Eye MD
Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine