What are the chances of a teen getting throat cancer from drinking a lot of soda?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Z E R O
Cancer of throat is associated with smoking (and chewing) tobacco produts, drinking alcohol, and likely human papiloma virus (hpv).
While some include oral sex as the source, i've not seen the "how does it get there" data, but I am very impressed that the viral genome is found in the cancer of non-smokers. Hpv+ may convey a better prognosis as well.

In brief: Z E R O
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Slim to none.
Throat cancer comes from alcohol and tobacco use, including smokeless.
A teenager can get throat cancer/mouth cancer from those if he/she uses a lot and is especially susceptable.

In brief: Slim to none.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Jonathan Jassey