What can I do to reduce my risk of kidney cancer?

In brief: Stop smoking

There is no way to decrease your chance of getting kidney cancer.
It may familial or sporadic and just occur due to a mutation or some other reason that we are not aware of. There is another type of kidney cancer called transisitonal cell carcinoma wher the cancer forms in the lining where urine flows and this has been linked to smoking.

In brief: Stop smoking

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology

In brief: Lifestyle choices

Modifiable risk factors of kidney cancer are smoking, obesity, exposure to herbicides and solvents, and high blood pressure.
So a healthy diet, active lifestyle and avoiding exposure to chemicals will help.

In brief: Lifestyle choices

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta