How can I stop borborygmi? I've changed my diet by watching what I eat and staying off starchy carbohydrates. But the noise continues on! help!

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Borborygmi
Borborygmi are very loud bowel sounds produced by the normal peristalsis of food in the digestive tract.
These sounds can be accentuated either by swallowing a lot of air (e.g., people who sigh a lot) or by a diet with a lot of fiber, which stimulates the bowels. Try analyzing the amount of fiber in your diet. You could also try the otc product called "beano" which helps with gas-related symptoms.

In brief: Borborygmi
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Vicken Poochikian