I have been on nuva ring for 3 months and it is causing infections. I want to go to iud, should I stop nuva ring and wait for period to get iud?

Dr. Walter Kobasa

In brief: MAYBE

Yask your physician.
Some people put in the Mirena (levonorgestrel) during you perid. Some might just remove the NuvaRing and insert the mirena (levonorgestrel).

In brief: MAYBE

Yask your physician.
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: Depends

What type of infections? If it's bacterial vaginosis or yeast vaginitis, it may still be unrelated.
If it's an std, an iud would be a poor choice since this can increase your risks of pid. Talk to your gyn regarding which type of infections you have & the best contraceptive for you. This should be an easy fix. You can stop the ring & use condoms until your appointment.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Jane Van Dis