Hi after giving birth to my child after a year I started getting frequent vaginal itchiness and pimples is it normal? Also I am still breastfeeding

Dr. Saeed Jaffer
Dermatology

In brief: Vaginal itchiness

Thank you for your question.
Vaginal itchiness and pimples after giving birth may be caused by many things. There are forms of inflammatory conditions of the skin that could cause a rash as well as responses to external/internal sources such as allergies or otherwise. Having an examination performed by a qualified medical practitioner would be helpful in diagnosis and treatment

In brief: Vaginal itchiness

Thank you for your question.
Dr. Saeed Jaffer
Dr. Saeed Jaffer
Dr. Stephen Richards

In brief: Vaginal itching

Breastfeeding is associated with lower estrogen levels and this results in a less than healthy vagina and vulva.
Sometimes a vaginal cream is helpful. You need to be seen by your doctor.

In brief: Vaginal itching

Dr. Stephen Richards
Dr. Stephen Richards