Can you get HSV 1 transfer from improperly sterilised dentists tools?

In brief: Possible..

...But highly unlikely.
Dental office have been practicing "universal precautions" and using steam sterilization for many, many years. It is the standard of care, not something that is voluntary.

In brief: Possible..

...But highly unlikely.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Herpes simplex I

Yes. Not common (hopefully it is very rare that dental tools would be inadequately sterilized), but certainly possible.

In brief: Herpes simplex I

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: Proper Sterilization

Proper sterilization is critical to a demtal practices with multiple sterilization processes would not encounter this problem. We triple sterilize our instruments and i highly recommend this.
Consider this when choosing a dentist. It costd extra money to triple sterilize instruments, but the benefits to the patient are enormous.

In brief: Proper Sterilization

Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. Jane Van Dis