I had gen. anesthesia today, will it affect my sperm or be dangerous for the baby? We are trying to have a baby and my wife just got a + test foR ovul

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: No impact on either

The only question I'd expect is if you'd be able to perform sex and ejaculate - if you are - there is no reason to think anesthesia will have an effect on sperm or the potential baby.
I hope your procedure heals well and - since you want a baby - that it happens for you. Best wishes!

In brief: No impact on either

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel

In brief: Unlikely

I know of no reliable data to quote or how they would gather it.
Male exposures to meds/drugs etc appear to have little impact on a fetus.Men create millions of sperm and any influenced by the procedure/anesthetic would be the poor swimmers while the healthy ones work normally.About 5% of all newborns have an unexpected outcome, (sick,premi,defect,etc). The decision is yours.Good luck.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Jonathan Jassey