Hi, my breath smels bad. I floss and brush my teeth after each meal and I don"t smok. What can I do to get red of this bad smel?.

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Get check up
Great job on taking such good care of your teeth and not smoking.
Make sure you are also taking care of your tongue and roof of mouth by brushing those areas as well. I recommend you get a complete dental evaluation and cleaning, as well as a medical check up to figure out what the cause of the bad breath is. Good luck!

In brief: Get check up
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
In brief: Examination
Halitosos can be caused b y a number of different things, including diet, acid reflux, periodontal problems, and carious lesions.
You assume because you brush and floss that that is enough.. It is not. Visit your dentist to rule out any dental problems, and then your physician for everything else.

In brief: Examination
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dentistry
In brief: See your dentist.
Persistent bad breath can result from untreated periodontal disease.
Your dentist can diagnose and treat this. Some gastrointestinal disorders can cause your symptoms but you should rule out a dental problem first, especially if you do not seek regular dental cleanings. Cavities can also cause bed breath with no other obvious symptoms.

In brief: See your dentist.
Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology