My TSH levels are 4.57; Free T4 =1.2; T3 (liothyronine)=103. Are my Free T4 and T3 (liothyronine) levels normal? If they are normal why is my TSH elevated?

Dr. Alan Feldman
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Slightly low

I see that you are on thyroid hormone.
The TSH will be the best indicator of whether you need more or less medication. The ideal TSH is around 1-2, so currently you could use a slightly higher dose. The "normal range" applies to a population of people. Your individual normal range is much more narrow. If your pituitary wants your free T4 to be 1.3 or 1.4, it will put out TSH to try to do so.

In brief: Slightly low

I see that you are on thyroid hormone.
Dr. Alan Feldman
Dr. Alan Feldman
Dr. William Forsythe