My doc prescribed me oxcycontin 20mg every 8 hrs. I am reading that I should only take it every 12 hrs. Did he prescribe it wrong?

Dr. Alvin Mathew
In brief: Ask him
Call the office and ask him. Oxycontin is typically every 12 hours but only he knows you best.

In brief: Ask him
Dr. Alvin Mathew
Dr. Alvin Mathew
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management
In brief: Probably Not
Many patients who are opiod tolerant or who have taken them for a long time get significantly less than 12 hours relief from oxycontin.
You are the best judge of that. If you find that when you take your next dose that you get drowsy or nauseated initially you are probably taking too soon, if not, you are ok.

In brief: Probably Not
Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Vikram Patel