What OTC or home remedy is good for a bad bad painful tooth ache?

Options. Try otc pain medications like tylenol, (acetaminophen) motrin/aleeve/ibuprofen. Oragel also very effective for tooth ache. Best to do is to see a dentist to find out the cause of the tooth ache instead of just covering it up with pain medications.
Tooth ache treatment. Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen might reduce the pain somewhat but the definitive treatment should be to see a dentist and treat the underlying cause. Overuse of Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen can be fatal.
No remedy. You can take otc pain meds for a short time while waiting for a dental appointment, but there is nothing you can do to resolve your need for dental treatment. I hope you have already called for an appoinment since things can only get worse, not better. Feel better soon...