What OTC or home remedy is good for a bad bad painful tooth ache?

Dr. Alvin Mathew

In brief: Options

Try otc pain medications like tylenol, (acetaminophen) motrin/aleeve/ibuprofen.
Oragel also very effective for tooth ache. Best to do is to see a dentist to find out the cause of the tooth ache instead of just covering it up with pain medications.

In brief: Options

Dr. Alvin Mathew
Dr. Alvin Mathew
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management

In brief: Tooth ache treatment

Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen might reduce the pain somewhat but the definitive treatment should be to see a dentist and treat the underlying cause.
Overuse of Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen can be fatal.

In brief: Tooth ache treatment

Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson

In brief: No remedy

You can take otc pain meds for a short time while waiting for a dental appointment, but there is nothing you can do to resolve your need for dental treatment.
I hope you have already called for an appoinment since things can only get worse, not better. Feel better soon...

In brief: No remedy

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis