My skin on my face gets severely dry, red, & flakey, esp on my chin, under my eyebrows, & above upper lip. Any suggestions, besides aveeno (oatmeal) & aquaphor?

Dr. Michael Kelber
In brief: Dermatitis
It sounds like you have a condition called seborrhic dermatitis.
It is caused by over active skin oil, glands in the areas you describe. Infrequent use of a cortisone cream your doctor can prescribed is the best way to keep it under control. Cortisone should not be used for more than a week or so at a time on the face. Consult with your family doctor or a dermatologist.

In brief: Dermatitis
Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Dry skin
Try carmex to your lips and Hydrocortisone 1% to the other areas in addition to lotion.
If no improvement, see a dermatologist.

In brief: Dry skin
If no improvement, see a dermatologist.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley