Have occasional GERD symptoms- nausea, need to burp to get relief. How do I tell if i have too little OR to much stomach acid?

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Bloating,gas

Phil Thorek, a famous surgeon once wrote the 7 "Fs" of gallbladder disease: fair, fat, female, forty, fertile, flabby and flatulent ( gassy)- I suggest an abdominal ultrasound for gallbladder disease and a physical exam with blood evaluation.

In brief: Bloating,gas

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau

In brief: Symptoms...

It is not about having too much or too little acid it is about the symptoms you are experiencing.
If you are having significant acid reflux, heartburn, cough, abdominal bloating then it tells you there is significant acidity in your stomach. Change your diet habits and avoid fatty foods, sauces, caffeine, too much bread, mint, citric juices, spicy food.If not better after diet see your dr.

In brief: Symptoms...

Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Dr. Arnon Rubin