When having a mastectomy single or double.How long ate you on hosp? Complications likely to arise from copd?

Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery
In brief: Speak to your doctor
This question can only be answered by your surgeon and anesthesiologist.
If you find that your questions are not being answered, then get a second opinion. You should be made to feel comfortable by your clinician when asking questions. It is your right to the information as a patient.

In brief: Speak to your doctor
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Short hospital stay
The hospital length of stay following a mastectomy is usually 1-2 days without reconstruction, and 2-3 with reconstruction.
It's hard to predict the probability of complications related to copd, since that can vary from mild to severe. I recommend that you pose that question to your specific lung specialist and surgeon. Good luck.

In brief: Short hospital stay
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Please share these fears with your surgeon. He/she would want to know.
Dr. Jane Van Dis