I accidentally took my ADD medication twice this morning, I'm prescribed 60mg Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) and I accidentally took 120mg. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) the active

ingredient in Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine), (lisdexamfetamine) is ~1/3 of the Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) dose.
You took the equivalent of a little > 40 mg. of Adderall, the FDA's recommended maximum adult daily dose for ADHD. The recommended maximum adult daily dose of Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) is 70 mg. though some patients who metabolize it rapidly need more. Monitor your blood pressure & pulse monthly while on Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine). Use a weekly pill organizer to avoid recurrence.

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Julan Crane
Poison Control would be able to help you as well.
Dr. Eric Weisman