I'm a week late on my period and I keep getting negative home tests. I'm going in a few days for a blood test, what's the odds of it being positive?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Probably low.

Odds are that if your test is negative at the time of your period, then it is really negative since it is at least 14 days after ovulation, which is about 2 days after implantation of a fertilized egg, and most tests detect b-hcg (human chorionic gonadotropin) at or up to 4 days after implantation.
So if you are negative now/ 1 week late, you are likely negative, barring cycle irregularities.

In brief: Probably low.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Stephen Pappachen

In brief: Low

This is, most likely, a transient hormonal irregularity.

In brief: Low

Dr. Stephen Pappachen
Dr. Stephen Pappachen
Dr. Jane Van Dis