Is plastic surgery for lip augmentation safe?

Yes. Lip augmentation is a procedure that can give you fuller and plumper lips. The most common method is injectable dermal fillers. Side effects include minor swelling, bruising, redness, and minor bleeding at the injection sites. Fat grafting is less commonly performed due to its unpredictable results Silicone implants (not injection) can offer permanent lip augmentation. Consult with your doctor.
Yes. I would recommend you try dermal fillers such as Restylane first before undergoing lip augmentation as a trial. Fillers are temporary, Lip augmentation with a silicone implant when performed by a board certified plastic surgeon is safe but permanent. Unless implant is removed. Best of luck.
The Right Surgeon. If done by a Board certified Plastic Surgeon, after consultation- Yes. For information on how to pick the right physician- http://drnichter.com/find-best-plastic-surgeon-dr-right/
Risk v benefit. As Dr Rosenfeld's Grandmother used to say, "In every medicine there's a little poison." If you're concerned find the best Plastic Surgeon in your area and schedule time to discuss risks verses benefits.
Typically, yes. Complications and side effects associated with lip augmentations are fairly uncommon and usually temporary. Bruising, swelling, rednesss, infection, allergic reactions - though rare - are all possible risks of various lip augmentation procedures.
Yes. Plastic surgery of the lips for augmentation is very safe, but you need to consult with a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon. Hope this helps.