Im not anemic but my iron level wont go above 10.5 which iant high enough to give blood which I would like to do any suggeations?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Anemia
Is 10.5 your hemoglobin level? Either way whether this is your hemoglobin level or your iron (ferritin) level.
The level is low and indicates that you are anemic. If you do have iron deficiency and you dont respond to oral iron then you probably should get intravenous iron. Discuss firther with your md. Make sure that you dont have any other reason that can make you anemic besides low iron.

In brief: Anemia
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Steven Seres