Hi! can I ask some question about my 2weeks old baby girl. She got a cough but I am so worried about her. Can you help me or can you give me a medici?

In brief: How sick ?

Many infants cough to clear their throat or if they are exposed to perfumes/dust/smoke or other irritants.
If so the cough is protective and she should settle and feed normally for most of the day.If the cough is persistent and or feeding is poor, you should have her seen.

In brief: How sick ?

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Her doctor would

Like to see her if any fever or if she stops eating.
Please watch for that.

In brief: Her doctor would

Please watch for that.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Donna Wilkins
Pediatrics - Neonatology

In brief: 2 wk old with cough

Your 2 wk old baby should be seen by her doctor as soon as possible.
A cough is not normal in a newborn. It is important to determine if there is a pattern to her coughing-- after or during feeding? She may be aspirating milk into her lungs making her cough.

In brief: 2 wk old with cough

Dr. Donna Wilkins
Dr. Donna Wilkins
Dr. Adam Levy