I am 44 year old male, my dad had prostate cancer.  i found a lump on the outer sac of my right testicle with pain.  is this common or shld I worry.?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: See MD
It could be an infection/inflamation like epididymitis, orchitis or testicular tosion, hernia, etc.
You should see your md and have proper evaluation that will include an ultrasound to your testicle. Most likely, this has nothing to do with your prostate cancer history in your father.

In brief: See MD
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
In brief: Testicular lump
You may have a sebaceous cyst or infection on the scrotum. This sounds completely unrelated to prostate cancer.
Go see your doctor.

In brief: Testicular lump
Go see your doctor.
Dr. Steven Canfield
Dr. Steven Canfield
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Get it checked
The prostrate is not in scrotum this likely a spermatocoel benign not cancer you can't feel prostate through rectum no self exam available.

In brief: Get it checked
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Chad Levitt
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Not prostate ca
Prostate cancer develops inside and locally around the prostate.
The prostate is located on the back of the bladder and in front of the rectum. That is why a prostate exam is done by rectal exam or rectal ultrasound which allows easy palliation and visualization of the gland. The testicles are not anatomically very close. A testicular lump needs md eval to see if its solid or cystic. B9 or malig.

In brief: Not prostate ca
Dr. Chad Levitt
Dr. Chad Levitt
Dr. James Krick
Urology
In brief: Get exam
Any new finding noted on self exam should be reported to your physician and examination should be performed in the office.
This has no relation to your risk of prostate cancer however.

In brief: Get exam
Dr. James Krick
Dr. James Krick
Dr. Steven Seres