Pelvic exams are always very painful for me. I do have endometriosis. What does this mean?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Makes sense

Those two very often go together. If you do not have a certain (surgical) diagnosis of endometriosis, painful exams doe snot mean that's what it is.
Treatment of the endo is the solution to the problem. Good wishes.

In brief: Makes sense

Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology

In brief: Maybe

Might be from endometriosis ( when lining of uterus grows in places other than uterus) but you may also have other conditions that can cause painful examinations.
Make sure you follow up with someone whom specializes in pelvic pain. Check out the Internationtal Pelvic Pain Society

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham