Will this treatment affect my ability to have children? If so, should I talk with a fertility specialist before treatment begins?

Dr. Philip Chenette
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Medical Rx Fertility

Fertility is a valuable resource.
Every woman should understand their fertility, how it changes during life and how to manage and optimize it. A great time to talk with a fertility specialist is when you sense a concern.

In brief: Medical Rx Fertility

Fertility is a valuable resource.
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Joshua Klein
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Maybe

I dont know which treatment you are considering, but there are many medications (most commonly used for cancer chemotherapy or immunologic/rheumatologic diseases) that can impact your future fertility.
If future fertility is important to you, you should definitely ask your treating doctor, or even ob/gyn or fertility doc, about possible repercussions and/or alternative treatments.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Joshua Klein
Dr. Joshua Klein